Wednesday 3 October 2012

A bit of luck

Every year my mate Kelvin Johnson and I fish the opening of trout season and celebrate his birthday by catching a few fish and drinking a few beers.
This years opening was on Monday the 1st October as i woke at 5.30am and started anticipating the day ahead and waitng for Kelvin to turn up I thought to myself why not flick the fly rod off the jetty and see if I can get a fish before we head out WELL! I saw 3 fish rise and casted at 1 of them hooked up and by 6.30 had a 4.815KG (10.8lb) Brown Trout on the lawn.
What a start to the season and at the end of the day our team of Kelvin Johnson, Geoff Dadley, John Bell and Myself had boated another 12 rainbow trout and released another 4 caught jigging, harling and trolling. 

1 comment:

  1. Trout Season usually opens March 31, 2012 - closes October 31. You might get a wide range of trout fishing opportunities during Trout Season. Key West the fishing capital of the world. I found a wonderful fishing experience there!

    fishing charter key west

    ReplyDelete